in person gatherings Sundays at 10:30
Las Americas ASPIRA Academy, 326 Ruthar Dr. Newark DE
Note from Keith
Friends, this is a complicated season. We are choosing to try out an in-person gathering (with live-streaming) because we believe we can do it responsibly. But that means that we must take a posture of humble love that is willing to be exceedingly cautious for the sake of the most vulnerable among us. As followers of Jesus, we take Paul’s challenge in Philippians 2 as authoritative: “Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.” It’s easy to complain and be critical because things will be very different. But I invite you to do the opposite. Laugh at the awkward moments, remind yourself of the flexible beauty of community, and delight in the opportunity to love by laying down your life. Thanks for walking on the life path together.
here's what to expect:
- Open doors, from the lobby to the auditorium
- Bathrooms available
- Single location: Everyone will head directly into the auditorium when we arrive
- Clean facilities: Aspira’s amazing facilities team will be routinely cleaning the building, including before and after our gatherings.
- Hand sanitizer readily available
- Clearly marked seating: We’ll utilize one out of every 3 rows, with one household per row
- A 60 minute family-friendly gathering (seriously, we promise!)
- Worship will be outside, socially distanced
- Common prayer (we’ll use texting to share our prayers, for those in the building and those participating online)
- A message from Keith (with an assist from Bethany to make sure our kids can follow along)
- Communion (with pre-filled disposable communion cups)
here's what we all agree to do:
- Wear masks in the building (state guidelines ask everyone over 5 to wear a mask)
- Maintain 6 feet of physical distance between each of us and those not in our immediate household. (We are committed to this. It’s how we create a safe, welcoming environment for everyone. Regardless of our personal comfort level with physical contact, for Sunday celebration gatherings, we will all maintain physical distance between ourselves and those not in our immediate household.)
- Stay home if we are feeling sick or displaying any symptom of COVID-19, or if we are high risk.
- Continuously exercise grace and love.
Parents, a quick word for you:
- Activity kits will be provided for Little KidsLife (pre K to kindergarten) and KidsLife (1st to 5th grade) kids. They will be theirs to keep and not be shared.
- Kids can decorate the bags and label them with their name. As you exit the gathering, drop your kits on the table in the back, where they will be left untouched until you grab them the next time you come.
- Kits will include writing utensils, paper, and some fidget toys. Kids are welcome to bring a few (quiet, clean, and small) special items from home to store in their bags, if they’d like.
- Dance bubbles will be taped out on the floor for those kids who like to dance to music. Claim a row close to a personal taped circle for your family, and let your kids move to their hearts’ content. We’ll have enough circles so that each family can have their own.
- The KidsLife cafeteria (just inside the lobby doors) will be available for parents of young children who may be struggling to stay still, with our livestream available on the tv.
- Please know that we are all prepared for a bit of chaos, especially with children. It’s ok. We will all choose to be gracious. Gently remind your kids to maintain physical distancing or to keep their voices down, but it’s okay if they forget. It’s okay if they get loud. We love them. We promise. We are a family.
For those who aren’t ready or able to join us in person, our gathering will be streamed on our YouTube channel, LifePath Church DE, starting at 10:30am. We’ll be attempting to have multiple views that show the wider space as well as the speaker, so that people can have as much of a shared experience as possible.