weekly in person gatherings resume on june 6, 2021
Las Americas ASPIRA Academy, 326 Ruthar Dr. Newark DE
Parents, A little more information for you:
here's what to expect:
- Open doors, from the lobby to the auditorium
- Bathrooms available
- Single location: Everyone will head directly into the auditorium when we arrive
- Clean facilities: Aspira’s amazing facilities team will be routinely cleaning the building, including before and after our gatherings.
- Hand sanitizer readily available
- Physical Distancing: We’ll utilize every 2 rows, with one household per row
- A 60 minute gathering (seriously, we promise!)
here's what we all agree to do:
- Wear masks in the building (state guidelines require everyone over 5 to wear a mask, and recommend masks for those 2-5 years old)
- Maintain 6 feet of physical distance between each of us and those not in our immediate household. (We are committed to this. It’s how we create a safe, welcoming environment for everyone. Regardless of our personal comfort level with physical contact, for Sunday celebration gatherings, we will all maintain physical distance between ourselves and those not in our immediate household.)
- Stay home if we are feeling sick or displaying any symptom of COVID-19, or if we are high risk.
- Continuously exercise grace and love.
A Note from keith:
Friends, this is a complicated season. We are choosing to gather in person once a month (while streaming on Zoom) because we believe we can do it responsibly. But that means that we must take a posture of humble love that is willing to be exceedingly cautious for the sake of the most vulnerable among us. As followers of Jesus, we take Paul’s challenge in Philippians 2 as authoritative: “Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.” It’s easy to complain and be critical because things will be very different. But I invite you to do the opposite. Laugh at the awkward moments, remind yourself of the flexible beauty of community, and delight in the opportunity to love by laying down your life. Thanks for walking on the life path together.
For those who aren’t ready or able to join us in person, our gatherings will be streamed on Zoom each Sunday, starting at 10:30am.