On Sunday morning, 12/27/20, there will be NO CELEBRATION GATHERING in the LifePath Zoom room.
What are we supposed to do instead?
Here are some prompts, ideas, and questions that can inspire your time.
Maybe you could:
- reflect a bit on the ways you have been shaped and sent by Jesus in new ways during the weirdness that was 2020
- journal about key lessons you have learned, or new qualities of God and your relationship with Him that you have experienced in recent months
- step out into the beauty of creation and delight in the God who speaks to us through His handiwork
- create a piece of art in response to a hymn or worship song that is deeply meaningful to you
- spend some time in contemplative silence (maybe even more than your usual 2 minutes in the Daily Office!), inviting the Holy Spirit to speak to you about the things that matter deeply in your life
- pray toward 2021, asking God for His direction in your next season
- talk with a friend, a spouse, or your family about the ways that they see God at work in their own hearts and in the world around them
- read aloud a brief Bible passage, then meditate quietly on the words of the passage and see how God speaks to you through the words of scripture
- pray for others in an attitude of trust, simply "remembering before Jesus" the faces of people you love and are burdened for
For those of you who would like some specific prompts for your time, feel free to use the questions and scriptures below.
Col. 1: 9-12 (personalized as a prayer):
I ask You, God, to fill me, and my brothers and sisters, with the knowledge of Your will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding, in order that we may live lives worthy of You, Lord, and please You in every way: bearing fruit in every good work,
growing in the knowledge of You, God,
being strengthened with all power according to Your glorious might
so that we may have great endurance and patience,
and joyfully giving thanks to our Heavenly Father,
You who have qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.
What have I learned in 2020 about:
- my family?
- God's kingdom coming on earth as it is in heaven?
We're excited to hear your stories about the ways you met with Jesus in prayer, scripture, silence, and delight on this choose your own adventure Sunday!
Plan to meet up in the LifePath Zoom room again on Sunday, 1/3/21 at 10:30!
Sabrina (on behalf of the Pastoral Team)